Q: When you send in an A4V for a CC, do you send it to the company that’s billing you (credit card company) or to the IRS UCC contract trust in Washington DC?


A: We always send in a payment WITH A contract with terms and conditions to bind the company to those terms, by them keeping the instrument they are bound under law. If you just “send in an A4V” they aren’t obligated to do anything because there are no instructions or demand for performance. The key is to type up a very all-encompassing, law-binding and enforceable contract. You also want to register your instrument on a UCC-1 and -3 financing statement.


You send it to the Lender who is owed the debt. This may not be the company that is billing you…on mortgages and student loans, a lot of lenders hire a 3rd party servicer. You always send to the lender, c/o their corporate HQ, c/o the CEO or CFO because only the CEO or CFO can agree to a contract that will bind the entity (their corporation) to those terms. The billing department, a manger, or vice president, can only do their job and their decisions are not binding to the entire company. The CEO CFO or President can make a decision that can NOT be overturned…the lower level positions can agree to discharge your debt or do anything else but if its not in their job description or terms of employment, their decision can be reversed and usually the company will repremand or fire the employee.


No, only IRS debts go to the IRS c/o the CFO Pamela LaRue, in order to bind the IRS.


Hope this helps.


Receive FREE Consultation &
Join Our Announcement List:

Mission Statement & [Dis]claimer: Click Here